WHO-FIC Standards and their implementation in Europe – experience, strategies, approaches and lessons learned
As a part of international conference KlasifiKon 2022, organised by the National Centre for Medical Classifications and Terminologies, the teleconference seminar about the implementation of International Classification of Diseases, 11th revision (ICD-11) was held. on 13 October 2022.
The aim of the seminar was to distribute useful information about ICD-11 from central institutions to European countries, to map the current state of ICD-11 implementations and planned activities in European countries and to discuss possible next steps leading to better harmonisation and sharing of implementation activities.
This seminar was combination of on-site and remote presentations made by several countries / institutions, followed by fruitful discussion.
Several presentations were given by following speakers during the seminar:
- Introduction to ICD-11 Implementation, most remarkable moments so far and where to find answers (presentation)
Robert Jakob, WHO HQ Team Classifications and Terminologies
- Introduction of WHO Euro activities related to ICD-11 (presentation, video)
Karapet Davtyan, WHO Euro, The WHO Regional Office for Europe,
- EU experience related to ICD-11 (presentation, video)
Izabela Ammermann, European Commission, Eurostat
- Experience with ICD-11 implementation in selected countries
- Discussion and conclusion
29. 11. 2022